CF Coronavirus update as of March 18, 2020

An official message from the CF President Dr. James Henningsen.

Jim Henningsen, Ed.D.
https://pr.cf.edu/henningsen/images/Henningsen_02.gif  
March 18, 2020

Good Afternoon CF Team:

As the situation regarding COVID-19 continues to change rapidly, we remain focused on the health and safety of our students, faculty, and staff. Our COVID-19 response team has been working through Spring Break to take decisive and informed actions to limit the spread of COVID-19.

As we navigate these unchartered waters, we ask for your patience and flexibility. We will not have immediate answers to all your questions but I want to reassure you that your college leadership team is monitoring the guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and is in daily contact with the Marion County Department of Health. As we follow their guidance we are balancing health and safety needs with our educational mission to make the best possible decisions.

We sent a RAVE Alert a short time ago with an update. Based upon guidance from the Department of Education, we will be continuing all classes in an online format through the spring semester, and have made the difficult decision to cancel our graduation ceremony and events at all of our locations through May 15. For full information refer to our FAQS, which can be found at www.CF.edu/HealthAlert.

We will still face some trying times ahead. I know that it is no easy task to transition our classes to an online format in one week. I want to thank the faculty and staff who are working diligently behind the scenes to ensure that we minimize the impact on our students’ academic progress. As we move forward, each of you may be called on to stretch beyond your regular call of duty. I appreciate your commitment to our students and our community.  Our first priority is the safety of our students and CF team members.  Our second priority is keeping our institution open for students.  We are one team and together we are stronger. #CFSTRONG

Please know you all have my deepest gratitude and respect.

Jim

Jim Henningsen, Ed.D., President, College of Central Florida